Monday, December 1, 2014

Welcome December

Finally it is here - last month of the year... Like usual this time of the year,  it is time to reflect (hopefully learn from our mistakes) and plan for the future. My big goal is to improve my English and writing skills. I use to be a pretty good writer in Polish - now I have a trouble to put a few sentences together. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely do not have a problem with business communication but I would love to write with more creativity. And since practice makes everything perfect I will write more. Have you read 'On writing' by Stephen King? He said that you must write about 2000 words every day if you seriously want to be better in writing. I'm not crazy about his books but I admire his style. Now, let's go back to reflections. This morning I was browsing Blogland and Deborah posted an invitation to reflective writing challenge hosted by Kat - a writer whose mission it is to 'soothe weary souls' (this sounds so lovely). She is in Australia, I'm in the Pacific time zone, so she is like a day ahead of me. Regardless my posts being a day behind, I've decided to play along. Before I get to today's topic I want to share with you the most beautiful sunset captured on the last day of November right from my deck:


With that beautiful sky in mind I'm back to today's consideration: what can you say right now with certainty?


Ha! That's easy - I love to stitch! I am so certain about it. I have been doing this for over twenty years and love every minute of it. Many other things seamed real and certain in the past but after time went by it turned out somewhat different... You know what I mean...

So long my friends,
Evalina

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful sunset! I agree with stitching and that I have a terrific husband! I can say that with certainty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic sunset. You have a much warmer regard for December than I do. But, a mere 20 days and the days grow longer. That is something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can say with certainty that sunsets like that are a tremendous blessing!
    Happy stitching Evalina. And thank you for joining Deborah in sharing your responses to Reverb14. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely sunset you have shared with us. :) Enjoy your increased writing adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post - and I'm so glad you've decided to play! That photo is gorgeous. As is your beautiful stitchwork. Here's to a wonderful December.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful sunset and good luck on your writing challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.